Sunday 24 February 2013

The downside of old technology

Recently I was at a function centre for an event. During the course of the evening I noticed that the quality of the wash on the plates was not up to scratch. Unfortunately for the owners of the function centre, so did many of the guests. I introduced myself to the owners and the chef and they took me into the kitchen to see their dishwasher. (See image). I asked why they hadn't upgraded to a newer machine and as is often the case, the answer was "While this is running, why would we change it?"

Based on their usage of the dishwasher, upgrading to a new machine would pay for itself in 2.5 years. More importantly, the reputation of the establishment would be safe guarded. Customers almost never notice a clean plate, they have come to expect it as the norm. They do however notice a dirty plate, and the damage in lost business can be immense.

If you are having issues with poor wash results or worried about running costs, contact me for a consultation to explore your options.

1 comment:

  1. Note the garbage bag over the entry. The individual wash arms were not screwed in properly causing water to spray straight out onto the entry bench.

    ReplyDelete